Followers

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Smoothie Recipe (Vegan)

I have been making this smoothie almost every single morning for the last 3 years. I never tire of it!
It tastes JUST like a chocolate shake, but it's made with all healthy thangs.

Let's get our chocolate on.

Ingredients:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)

1 banana

1-2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

1-2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)

1-2 handfuls of baby spinach

1 cup frozen blueberries


Directions:

I find that if you put the ingredients in the blender in the exact order as above, it comes out better.
Note: Also, make sure you are using bananas that have at least some brown spots on it.  It is both better for digestion and makes the smoothie sweeter.

Then, just blendy-blend-blend until smooth!
I have a high-speed blender, but I think you can do this with a regular blender, too.

It should come out as a dark purple color and taste just like chocolate.
Now you can tell everyone you had chocolate for breakfast and not feel guilty about it.
In this case, I even encourage bragging.

Happy breakfasting! 

1 comment: