Followers

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mini Rant: Black Friday

Can someone please explain to me what is going on with the world?

Black Friday is no longer Black FRIDAY.
Every year it seems to start earlier and earlier during Thanksgiving week.

Now, retail workers are forced to work on Thanksgiving day!
They not only have to work on almost every other holiday--not to mention that they have to work on the worst day of retail shopping ever (Black Friday)--but now they have to work on THANKSGIVING, too?!
Do you know how stressful it is to work in retail on Black Friday??
Pretty soon it will be called Black Week (that almost doesn't sound PC, but you get what I mean). 
Does anyone else see the absurdity in this?!

When greed, consumerism, and material objects become more important than
family, relaxing on a holiday, and moral values...I think something is very, very wrong.
It's this society.  It's all this commercial BS that is turning family holidays that are supposed to be about love and togetherness into a money-making scheme!!
I can't even handle the chaos of Black Friday, though.  It's too much.
People become real cray just to save a couple bucks.
The social psychology behind how we act in groups is fascinating.

 I mean, this is just scary.
People legit get trampled and seriously injured because of this.

I saw this article about Wal-Mart workers going on strike because of having to work on Thanksgiving.
I say more power to them!
Having to worry about losing your job if you don't work on Thanksgiving is completely ludicrous.
These companies are not valuing their employees.
The people making these decisions probably don't have to work this day.

I don't know if this will make a difference, but I signed this petition for Target to stay closed on Thanksgiving.
I had to try!

GET IT TOGETHER, SOCIETY!

I don't usually like to have angry rants, but in this situation I feel it's necessary to get the message across.

You can always make your own DIY gifts!
Homemade is always better anyway!

I hope you all get to enjoy a magical and ooey-gooey Thanksgiving filled with a cornucopia of love and laughter!!
I am thankful for all of you who have to work on Black Friday.
It takes real strength and patience.
There is so much abundance available to us and it has NOTHING to do with material possessions.
We need to take a step back from all these distractions and think about what truly matters to us.
 Let's be thankful for what we have!

I think Kid President says it best:

1 comment:

  1. Tell it girl! Everyone sucks. I hope no Walmart workers show up for work (if that happens I also hope the ppl waiting in line don't riot and kill each other). UGH, shopping. Good thing we have the internet.

    ReplyDelete